Free Shipping on orders over $99 | FREE 365-DAY RETURNS
Filters Fast Logo Header

#1 Online filtration retailer in the US!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Siltstopper Refill Alternative

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Siltstopper Refill Alternative

I need these filter elements, but I just can't afford them!

/msr/water-treatment-and-hydration/water-treatment-and-hydration-accessories/sweetwater-siltstopper-replacement-filters/product

Is there some cheap sediment cartridge that I can cut to fit?
    Last edited by rscardigno; 10-11-2010, 08:21 PM.

Originally posted by Cyclesafe
    I need these filter elements, but I just can't afford them!

Is there some cheap sediment cartridge that I can cut to fit?
    Let me see if I get this right. You want to adapt some 'cheap' filter to fit that unit because $19.99 is too expensive? Then I would say, no, you won't be able to. but I might add, just do the right thing and get a filter that works.

You're not saying what the filter is trying to remove and how it is too be used. Silt? For a whole house, drinking water?
    Last edited by rscardigno; 10-11-2010, 08:21 PM.

Comment

> not saying what the filter is trying to remove and how it is too be used. Silt? For a whole house, drinking water?

It is aimed at hikers and back-country campers. The main product is like this:

You drop the hose-end in a lake, work the handle to force water through a micropore filter which claims to reduce bacteria. It is an alternative to carrying water 50 miles into the woods, or drinking raw water and maybe geting sick 50 miles back from any road.

Just as with a house fine-filter, if the water is silty the fine filter clogs fast; the SiltStopper is a coarse pre-filter add-on. The review here says it works better than a handkerchief and weighs the same, but can clog-up with a half-liter of murk-water.

It may only be a "coarse-filter", but the size is way less than most household filter replacements.

I suspect the question might be answered better on a hiking forum, where more users face this specific product and problem, and lay awake and thirsty under the stars and ponder other filter schemes.
      Last edited by rscardigno; 11-10-2010, 09:06 PM.

Comment

hello ...I want to change my water filter ..whose output is good..

Comment

Originally posted by jacksonstewart
          hello ...I want to change my water filter ..whose output is good..
          Not much to go one there.

Comment

Working...
          X