Free Shipping on orders over $99 | FREE 365-DAY RETURNS
Filters Fast Logo Header

#1 Online filtration retailer in the US!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Katadyn Expedition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Katadyn Expedition

I need a recommendation for filtering water that may be contaminated with pesticide and / or herbicide due to agricultural runoff / spraying. The filter will be used outside the US, where they use many products that are banned in the US. The water may also contain pcb. We have a Katadyn Expedition, and Pocket Filters but they will not filter these things out.

thanks,

Sue

Question

Originally posted by nicasue
    I need a recommendation for filtering water that may be contaminated with pesticide and / or herbicide due to agricultural runoff / spraying. The filter will be used outside the US, where they use many products that are banned in the US. The water may also contain pcb. We have a Katadyn Expedition, and Pocket Filters but they will not filter these things out.

thanks,

Sue
    Hi Sue,

The filters you mentioned are travel items. Does the filter or system you are looking for have to be mobil or will it be stationary, used in one location?
    Roxanne Crawford
    FiltersFast
    www.filtersfast.com
    866-438-3458

Comment

Hi Roxanne, thanks for the reply. I need to be mobile with it. I was trying to think of maybe something I could connect to the output of the Katadyn Expedition filters that would reduce or eliminate the pesticides, herbicides and chemicals. I got 2 of the carbon cartridges from you folks that should maybe work for the Katadyn Pocket Filters. Now I need something similar for the Expedition.

Thanks,

Sue

Comment

Expedition

Originally posted by nicasue
        Hi Roxanne, thanks for the reply. I need to be mobile with it. I was trying to think of maybe something I could connect to the output of the Katadyn Expedition filters that would reduce or eliminate the pesticides, herbicides and chemicals. I got 2 of the carbon cartridges from you folks that should maybe work for the Katadyn Pocket Filters. Now I need something similar for the Expedition.

Thanks,

Sue
        Hi Sue,

So I called Katadyn and they said unfortunately they do not make a carbon filter or attachment for the Expedition.

It seems as though, right now, I am stumped as to suggesting a product that does everything you need it to do. Sorry I couldn't be of more help!
        Roxanne Crawford
        FiltersFast
        www.filtersfast.com
        866-438-3458

Comment

What about Katadyn's Carbodyn filter? I don't think they market them in the US, and while it's not specifically designed for the Expedition filter it does have 1/4" BSP threaded output which will screw right in place of the standard 1040 filter unit. It provides ceramics to filter out the particulates and has a carbon core for getting odor/taste/chemicals out of there. Of course I'd check in with the manufacturer and run a bunch of tests on my filtered water before drinking from any chemically contaminated source.
          Last edited by rscardigno; 02-24-2009, 08:11 PM.

Comment

Hello,

It is highly rated in destructive high performance filter. it is being used for the purpose of generating the drinking water during various activities like rafting, camping etc. this is really recommended as a filter for the expeditions which require vehicles.

Comment

Originally posted by morgan01
              It is highly rated in destructive high performance filter. it is being used for the purpose of generating the drinking water during various activities like rafting, camping etc. this is really recommended as a filter for the expeditions which require vehicles.
              I agree and its really high recommended as we were using this in the camping and found very effective as compare to the other filters which we were previously using.
              Me Nicholas

Comment

Katadyn water filters are made out of high quality ceramic. Because of this ceramic, Katadyn filters are known to last anywher from twenty to one hundred times longer than any other water filter. This is the most economical water filter on the market.

They are used by many groups of people, as well as individuals, in order to provide safe drinking water. Katadyn is used by missionaries, disaster relief groups, militaries, explorers and hikers all over the world.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                X