Free Shipping on orders over $99 | FREE 365-DAY RETURNS
Filters Fast Logo Header

#1 Online filtration retailer in the US!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

R.O units?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R.O units?????

Hello registered just to ask this question,

does culligan have good products??

thinking about buying there RO and water softener,

this W/S, with the optional Aqua-sensor probe

and this R.O syetem.

any thoughts?????
    Last edited by rscardigno; 12-19-2006, 09:14 AM.

Anybody????

Comment

That company has been in business for many years. There products are listed on (www.nsf.org) and have a large share of the water treatment market.

There are other companies that also have excellent products.

I would suggest looking at other companies like Hague, Rainsoft and Kinetico, to name a few. Do your homework and compare. Sometimes spending more initially can save you tons later on. Sometimes going cheap can be very expensive!

You will need to ask yourself: do you want the highest quality, average, or economical (cheap) systems to serve your household needs? In many cases, you get what you pay for.

I prefer ROs that have self-cleaning membranes and hydraulically operated tanks. As for softeners, there are many advantages to twin-tank systems.

Hope this helped.
      Andy

Comment

Thanks for your reply..

i don't mind spending $$ on a good unit, i just don't know how there
        units stack up to others for the same $$ or less.

both these units together would cost me over $2,000
        i think thats a little over priced but if there good units
        i'd pay it..

Comment

Personal Insight

Hi Daman,

This is just a personal opinion from having dealt with Culligan and having talked to people who own Culligan systems. Culligan is very expensive and difficult to deal with. They will only want you to buy Culligan parts, which can be anywhere from $30 to $100 more expensive per item than Culligan Compatible parts. Service can be sometimes hard to find if you need it and I've heard from people you also have to pay for that. Basically with Culligan you are paying for the name brand because they are so well known and have been around for a long time. As to the quality of there systems I could not tell you because I do not own one and we do not sell them.

My advice to you when looking into an RO system for purchase is to make sure it's NSF certified. Ask or research how much replacement filters and parts are going to be and how often you have to change them. Hope this helps. Good Luck!
          Roxanne Crawford
          FiltersFast
          www.filtersfast.com
          866-438-3458

Comment

Hi Roxanne,thanks for your reply,

can you tell me what NSF certified is??

i asked the sales man when he gave me the demo, and he said replacement
            filters are $13-$20(every year)and the RO filter is $122(every 5+ years)

thanks again....

Comment

NSF Certified

NSF stands for National Sanitation Foundation. Basically the NSF establishes standards and testing protocal for drinking water treatment devices. They act as a third party to ensure that the products that manufacturers sell actually do what they say.

As for the prices you state above, those don't sound too expensive to me, except the membrane (most membranes we sell are between $30-$80).

Good luck!
              Roxanne Crawford
              FiltersFast
              www.filtersfast.com
              866-438-3458

Comment

NSF (www.nfs.org) and the Water Quality Association (www.wqa.org) are two internationally recognized, non-profit organizations that test and rate water treatment equipment.

Be careful with these ratings. There are two types:Systemic and Componential

System certification means the whole system (as the customer would buy) was hooked up and put through a rigorous testing procedure and either passes or doesn't. This assures the customer that it works according to specific protocols through the complete unit out of the box.

A component certification simply means that, perhaps, one of the filter elements or the pressure tank alone, has passed testing and is then placed in some generic unit and can still display on the box the NSF seal with a "component" limitation. These systems in no way assure the owner that that water produced carries the same standards as a system certified unit.

Kinetico ROs are some of the best available as they carry system certification and offer some features and beneifts that no other company can offer. They are not cheap but their warranty is one of the most comprehensive and longest in the industry.

They can produce as much as twice the water (up to 35 gallons per day) using the same membrane, offers longer membrane life (full-warranty up to 7 years); constant, full pressure dispensing (without electric pump); with more retention volume from a hydraullically operated tank; with metered and monitored filter-life. That's their regular RO.

Their Purefecta model unit offers the only RO available anywhere that is an NSF certified virus, bacteria and protozoa barrier for up to 2000 gallons. That is very impressive.

Kinetico's low-end RO is comparable to Culligan's top of the line. Just basic in-out integrated filters, with a pnuematically operated tank, no membrane rinse system. Their price is about the same as their competitors'.

Give them a look anyway.
                Andy
                Last edited by Andy CWS; 12-30-2006, 10:01 AM.

Comment

Thank you two for the info!!!

Comment

culligan is very expensive. I got a Ro and a softner for less then $1000. Most softners are all the same, there is no special stuff that one softner does over the next. I have had my softner and ro for over a year with no problems.
                    Last edited by rscardigno; 04-20-2007, 10:53 PM.

Comment

Your statement that one softener does nothing else that any others don't do is pretty naive. But as long as you're happy, that's what's important.

Perhaps you really didn't understand what it is softeners do, can't do and how some do things that others don't.

Good luck,
                      Andy Christensen, CWS

Comment

Culligan

I echo Roxanne. I have an AC-30 RO and Mark 100 softner. Paid $2K 6 years ago. I would not buy the same again. It's all numbers, filtering levles, water hardness, etc. Start googling and happy shopping
                        Last edited by rscardigno; 05-21-2007, 06:54 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X