Free Shipping on orders over $99 | FREE 365-DAY RETURNS
Filters Fast Logo Header

#1 Online filtration retailer in the US!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RO help PLEASE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RO help PLEASE

I replaced all the filters on my RO unit. IT is about 3 years old. Everything was fine before I started. After replacing the filters, i turned everything back on. My refrigerator water and ice wouldn't work so I disconnected the line and bled the air out. It worked fine for about 2 hours and then no water again. So my water and ice from the fridge hasn't worked in about 6 months now. I've taken the RO unit open several times to make sure I have all the filters in correctly. Everything is right. All I did was replace the filters and have never had the water and ice since. Any help on this???

Hi. A couple of scenarios may have played out here.

1. Something has clogged the lines and won't let water through.
    2. The post filter is somehow causing the water to stop flowing.
    3. The bladder in the tank has become water-logged and will not supply water to faucets.
    4. No air in the bladder

Possible solutions:

1. Remove each line that you can and check to see if passage is clear.
    2. Remove post filter - replace the housing and run it empty for a short time.
    3. Pick up the tank. Is is it heavy (three gallons will be 32plus pounds) it should weight between 16 - 20 pounds depending on the material of the tank. If bladder is shot an new tank may be needed. Some can have vladders replaced.
    4. Empty tank and check air valve and put about 7psi in the bladder. Will it hold air?

Check these first and get back with us.

Andy Christensen, CWS

Comment

I have the exact same problem

Hi Guys-
      Thanks for the great forum. I have a SQC pro series Reverse Osmosis unit(water factory systems) and I'm having pretty much the same problem- replaced filters and the unit was working fine but the flow has decreased dramtaically. I have realized it is the the pressure- completely dead but I was able to pump air into the tank with a bicycle pump and the air is staying and bladder is filling. Can I use a regular tire pressure gauge to try and get around 7 Psi? And where should I go from here? I emptied the water out of the tank so the tank is empty . Thanks for any help.

Dave

Comment

Have you found a place to get filters, yet?

If not, let us know.

Andy Christensen, CWS-II

Comment

Tank

You mentioned you drained water out of the tank. According to the Culligan guy the bladder is bad. You should never have water in the tank. See my other post and it's saga.

Comment

"in" the tank is a matter of semantics. The air and the bladder are both "in" the tank. The water is held by the bladder and the air pressure is outside the bladder but still in the tank. If the bladder bursts, then air and water mix and pressure is lost at the faucet.

Of course with hydraulically operated RO tanks, the air is replaced with water providing pressure.

Andy Christensen, CWS-II

Comment

Working...
            X