Free Shipping on orders over $99 | FREE 365-DAY RETURNS
Filters Fast Logo Header

#1 Online filtration retailer in the US!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tank replacement Kinetico

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tank replacement Kinetico

Current tank leaks and is constantly trickling in the drain. Called tech he sent me a replacement tank, i currently have a small 1 gallon tank with one line connected to it. The new tank ask for an inlet and outlet. Do i just cap one? See pics. image.jpgimage.jpg

You need a Kinetrico part number 9344 tank. The new tank you got is a WOW tank. Water over water. Incoming water pressure on the outside of the bladder forces the water out when you open the faucet. Your old tank is an air charged tank. Air on the outside of the bladder compresses as the bladder fills and pushes the water out when the faucet is opened. Depending on which model of RO you have, the WOW tank won't be able to be used.

Comment

I finally got the black tank (just has a nipple on top so assuming its water over air (bladder)) installed as pictured above on the right. I never tested the bladder pressure just assumed it was good. I still notice a lot of trickling water in the drain early in the morning before anyone has taken any water. I will be checking the bladder pressure later today, 8 to 10 psi? Should I look at anything else?

Comment

As a general rule of thumb I use 5PSI if it's under the sink and 8PSI if it's in the basement. Completely up to you, though. Is it the old Quickflo Deluxe or the K5?

Comment

Not sure, it has a pre filter and a macguard and the plastic cowling says gx plus I think, I'm at work now, going off memory but when I got up this morning I could hear it trickle, normal?

Comment

Originally posted by Catnip View Post
            Not sure, it has a pre filter and a macguard and the plastic cowling says gx plus I think, I'm at work now, going off memory but when I got up this morning I could hear it trickle, normal?
            Not is it's been hours and no water has been used. Something is wrong somewhere. But, knowing which model you have would help. Post a pic when you get a chance.

Comment

cant upload picture, but it says "KINETICO Drinking Water System plus GX Deluxe"
              It was still trickling this morning...

Comment

Originally posted by Catnip View Post
                cant upload picture, but it says "KINETICO Drinking Water System plus GX Deluxe"
                It was still trickling this morning...
                Hmmmmm. The membrane subassembly would be my bet. Not a cheap part, but easy to replace with the right tools.

Comment

Originally posted by pawaterguy View Post
                  Hmmmmm. The membrane subassembly would be my bet. Not a cheap part, but easy to replace with the right tools.
                  That part is on the R-O itself? Its been quiet lately so fingers crossed? However, is there an exploded view of this unit anywhere online? Just so I could cross reference the part and or point it out to my local kinetico guy, that's if there is one up here.

Thanks for your time, its appreciated...

Comment

Working...
                  X