Free Shipping on orders over $99 | FREE 365-DAY RETURNS
Filters Fast Logo Header

#1 Online filtration retailer in the US!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

hardware needed to mount 20" BB housing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hardware needed to mount 20" BB housing?

I purchased a 20" BB Clear housing and a bracket. I do not have the bolts needed though. Anyone know what diamater, thread and length bolts I need? I would just go to the hardware store and try some but plastic is pretty easy to strip out. Thanks

What surface are you planning to mount it to? Measure the hole and find a bolt or srcrew in your house that looks like it will secure it. Match it to one at a hardware store.

Tapcon screws (blue) are very powerful if you are mounting to hard surfaces like concrete.
    Andy Christensen, CWS-II

Comment

I should have explained myself better. I ment I need specs for bolts to mount the bracket to the filter head. I would just try some bolts at the hardware store but I do not want to risk stripping the plastic threads in the filter head.
      thanks
      david

Comment

You can take the head to the store and match the threads to the right size bolt, or have the clerk do it, especially at an Ace Hardware store. They may be like a #10 or so bolt/hex head wood screw about 1" long. Are you sure there are threads in the holes?

Mounting it to a wall, you may want to mount a piece of wood thick enough to allow more than enough space between the sump and wall for the wrench. That's rather than mounting the bracket to the wall and not being able to get the wrench on the sump to take it off. You want the wrench to be able to go all the way up the sump.

Whatever way you do it, the filter is very heavy when full of water and an old used cartridge full of dirt, so anchor any wood, 1.25-1.5" thick, to the wall with 4, 1/4" or 3, 3/8" bolts, or 4-5 masonry nails. Then the screws to hold the bracket on the wood should be 1" or 1.25" and the thickness of the bracket will prevent them from going through the wood to pull it away from the wall. All they need to do is hold the shear weight of the filter.

Comment

Thanks for reply. Yes they are definatly threaded holes. Looks to be a course thread.

Comment

I had remembered I never replied to this thread as to what I did. I screwed a piece of 2x4 to the wall studs then screwed the bracket to that. The filter head needed a #10x 1" long course thread bolt to mount to the bracket.

Comment

Working...
            X