Free Shipping on orders over $99 | FREE 365-DAY RETURNS
Filters Fast Logo Header

#1 Online filtration retailer in the US!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Odor on hot water side

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gary Slusser

IMO, most plumbing codes are to keep dumb ass plumbers straight and make the plumbing industry more money.

And maybe you are, but here you are, demonstrating your immaturity, and I'm thinkin' bald guy with serious plumbers crack.

Are you short'n beer bellied too? Maybe give a shot at a gurlie type rock climbing wall place to get a Certificate of Accomplishment to build some self esteem to go along with all those photo copied licenses... and a good long belt.

Maybe a pair a them spring loaded shoes to put a bounce in your step and make you look taller?

...you're supposed to be a good'n all knowing plumber God.

...stay out of water treatment where your ignorance of the subject is showing.

Or hey! just stay at plumbingzone where you can post all those dumbass plumber lovin' anti DIYer pictures and b itch with'em about 'things'.
    Sorry to bother you again Gary Slusser but is becoming increasingly belligerent and abusive all the while resorting to name calling and derogatory remarks on a very personal nature help to solve the OP's water issues?

Could you please be persuaded to behave more professionally?

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Slusser
      As you should know, all water heaters were set at 140f in this country until into the 1970s or 80s when it was mandated that they be set at 120f. Since then we are finding all types of bacteria growing in them including Legionella, a very dangerous bacteria that kills people. And now we are becoming dumber'n dumber to the point where we don't realize that too hot water hurts if we are dumb enough to not test the temp before using the water. That's because of energy polices or as you say THE CODE! as if it is from God. IMO, most plumbing codes are to keep dumb ass plumbers straight and make the plumbing industry more money.

Your ignorance is showing again. Plumbing codes have nothing to do with keeping plumbers straight or making money. They are in place to keep ignorant and or stupid people from killing other people through negligence, or stupidity. And it's a good thing you throw the IMO thing in there because IN MY OPIONION you have no clue what you are talking about.

If you knew anything at all about legionella and how to treat the problem, you would not be posting the 1/2 truths that you are posting. There is no "THEY" anywhere. The decision to lower water temperatures was made State by State by State plumbing boards and had nothing to do with any Federal legislation, rules or otherwise. But hey, keep on arguing with someone that is certified to TEACH licensed plumbers and has served on two plumbing boards cause you know more ?

As I have told you repeatedly, I do not have to be licensed and if I wanted a license there aren't any so I couldn't find one anyway.

No, you don't need to be licensed to sell equipment. In this state and all the others around me though, you do need to be licensed. And I doubt you could pass the test anyway and even if you did, with your attitude about rules and such they would probably take it away within 6 months.

BTW, I don't see you mentioning your license in water treatment.

State of New Hampshire and State of Maine Filter and Pump Licenses,

I also find that your 5 licenses, you pay your money to be able to sit for a test and pass it.

Again, ignorance. You do your apprenticeship, do a year or so as a journeyman and then you can take the test. If you are licensed in one state, another may or may not allow you to sit for the test. It depends on reciprocity and to some extent whether they both use the same code.

like 36 yrs ago when yer daddy was running the business, and then, then you can mail a copy of that license to another state and pay the license fee there and they give you a license in that state. Then to renew you send a check every 1-3+ yrs and you're supposed to be a good'n all knowing plumber God.

That is patently incorrect on all counts

And maybe you are, but here you are, demonstrating your immaturity, and I'm thinkin' bald guy with serious plumbers crack.

Some hair loss indeed. so what?

Are you short'n beer bellied too? Maybe give a shot at a gurlie type rock climbing wall place to get a Certificate of Accomplishment to build some self esteem to go along with all those photo copied licenses... and a good long belt.

6' 1" 195 lbs. I golf, bike, and play tennis at 55.
      What about you?

Maybe a pair a them spring loaded shoes to put a bounce in your step and make you look taller?

Or hey! just stay at plumbingzone where you can post all those dumbass plumber lovin' anti DIYer pictures and b itch with'em about 'things'.
      They thankfully, would boot your sorry ass off the floor within a minute or so. We don't take kindly to backwards, uneducated, unlicensed, SALESMEN.

So........... run back to Terry's and Waaaaaaaaa like a baby Waaaaaaa Waaaaaaaa Waaaaaaaa....

Comment

Originally posted by Andy CWS
        Sorry to bother you again Gary Slusser but is becoming increasingly belligerent and abusive all the while resorting to name calling and derogatory remarks on a very personal nature help to solve the OP's water issues?

You sound as if you are into the adult beverages again Andy... and it's barely after lunch. But come on Andy, you can loosen up some, that WAS funny.

And how many times must I tell you that I am never going to become like you?

Comment

So Andy, now you and I both have been accused of being drunks

Comment

Originally posted by NH Master
            So Andy, now you and I both have been accused of being drunks
            I am willing to bet I have the neatest "plumber's crack".

Can Gary be more professional?? NO. The old boy is beyond help, IMO.
            Trying to help people NOT get cheated ON THE NET.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy CWS

Andy, If you start reading his posts here and everywhere else, it's pretty rare that he ever posts anything at all that helps the OP. 90% of the time all he does it try to steer the OP to his web site so he can sell him something. By now you should be used to the personal attacks
              My favorite is how you get attacked first and then he complains when you fire back. Poor me, poor me Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

Go on over to his "protected status" site and note how not one, not two not even three, but everyone that posted on the thread disagrees with him but they are all wrong, ignorant and don't know how to size water softeners. What a joke.
              Last edited by NH Master; 02-07-2010, 09:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by NH Master
                Andy, If you start reading his posts here and everywhere else, it's pretty rare that he ever posts anything at all that helps the OP. 90% of the time all he does it try to steer the OP to his web site so he can sell him something. By now you should be used to the personal attacks
                My favorite is how you get attacked first and then he complains when you fire back. Poor me, poor me Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

Go on over to his "protected status" site and note how not one, not two not even three, but everyone that posted on the thread disagrees with him but they are all wrong, ignorant and don't know how to size water softeners. What a joke.
                Very true.
                Trying to help people NOT get cheated ON THE NET.

Comment

Working...
                X