Free Shipping on orders over $99 | FREE 365-DAY RETURNS
Filters Fast Logo Header

#1 Online filtration retailer in the US!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need help with autotroll 255

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help with autotroll 255

Hi,

At the end of the brine/slow rinse cycle I getting a loud vibration/humming sound. I
    recently replaced the vale body and it seems to have helped but still getting that sound.
    Any ideas? I have both a birm tank and softener tank. The issue occurs on the birm tank. All of my pipes are pex and I'm pretty sure it is not a hammer sound from the pipes. Seems to be coming directly from the valve head.

Mark

When you say you replaced the valve body...I assume new flappers came with it? You didn't put the old flappers in the new head? Silly question...but we have to begin somewhere. As much info as you can provide...please do so.

Comment

Yes new fleppers.

Comment

I mean flappers.

Comment

I can also assume you're on a well? What pressures do you run at and does it do it at the low end as well as the high? In other words, if you force it through manually, can you replicate it at any pressure?

Comment

I think my pump kicks in at 40psi and cuts out when the pressure tank hits 60psi. The humming noise, always happens at the very end of the slow/ brine rinse cycle. I will try to watch the pressure as soon as I can and get back to you. Thanks for getting back to me.

Comment

Hi, I don't think it is a pressure issue. It happens during every cycle at the very end of brine slow rinse with the birm filter. It never happens on the softener side which actually does a brine slow rinse. Could it have something to do with air being drawn in during the brine/slow rinse cycle as it actually doesn't draw brine in at that time?

Comment

The one that you are using on the birm filter should be a NON softener set up, with out any of the brine line or injector.
                If you are trying to use a softener valve as a filter valve with out closing the softener brine parts there are going to be challenges.
                Softener valve for softener or Greensand with potassium per. and filter valve for all else.

Comment

Hi, Thanks for the reply. Certain lobes are cut off of the cam shaft, I believe to facilitate the birm filter functions. The system seems to function the way it is supposed to, other than the humming sound. It didn't always make this noise, so I'm not sure what has changed. I do my own maintenance on the system and I'm trying to figure out if it's something I did.

Comment

So the valve was not set up from the factory as a filter valve but as a softener and changed in the field as a filter valve?

When you replaced the valve, did it come with new flappers in or did the old ones get moved to the new body?

Comment

New flappers, I just used the old camshaft.

Comment

Working...
                      X